Saturday, August 23, 2008

Book hooked!

I have seen everyone rave about the Twilight series so I decided to try them myself. No one ever told me what the book was a about luckily because I am sure that I would have bypassed it when given the low down. My mind gets a little cloudy after having a baby, although I am not sure if the kids are really the problem. So I decided to jumpstart my mind with a little reading. Well I completely became obsessed with the story of Bella and Edward. I ended up reading all 4 books in about 3 weeks. Which is fantastic beings that I do not remember the last book I have actually read besides "What to expect.... expecting, 1st year, toddler year. (Heaven knows I need all the help I can get). Wyatt was quite impressed, he didn't even know I knew how to read. I am thankful for his support, Although I am pretty sure he was just trying to get me to finish because "My kids need their Mom back" that was his words. One night after really getting into my book I started to give Wyatt a little cliff note on the book. All he could say was "Sounds pretty gay!" Sorry his words not mine! I just laughed and then when I thought about the short explanation of the book it really did sound dumb. Funny how the authors can just suck you in with their words. I guess that I will for sure have to go see the movie with my GIRL friends. So that is why my life have been pretty uneventful the last couple of weeks. Sorry no cute pictures either. Thanks Becca for letting me borrow some of your books!

11 comments:

BeckyinQC said...

You can tell Wyatt that his cousin's Husband read all four in lightning speed as well! Not sure what that means for me as his wife. . .but I'm pretty sure he's not gay! HA! I'm glad you enjoyed them - they are addicting.

melinda said...

Yeah, I didn't realize what they were about either when I started them. I thought they would be sort of "religious". I usually read church history novels. I LOVED them though of course. I read the 3 in a couple weeks (after hearing the hype for months) and then waited for months for #4 to come out. When I started to RE-read the 3 (to remind myself and prepare for the
4th), Tyler said "You have got to be kidding that you are going to read those all AGAIN." So I told him that he would like them too, and he should read them. He laughed but listened as I read the entire book #1 outloud to him each night before bed. He read the next two on his own! First books he has EVER read!

Glad you enjoyed them.

Brooks and Andrea said...

My sister-in-laws were so into them and I thought they sounded so stupid, but I finally gave in and read them. I loved them. The 4th book was my favorite.

Amber said...

ha ha, my beehives started talking about there books a year ago and they were telling me about that - my thought was sounds gay! too but this summer while camping with my cousin she wouldnt stop talking about them, so i said fine i will read them but you have to stop talking about it NOW! low and behold i got sucked in too! i havent finished 4 yet - i'm taking it slow and enjoying it! hope you guys are doing well.

Rick*Amber*Taryn*Bryant said...

Hey Stranger!
I love those books! I am reading the fourth right now! How are you? We will have to talk soon!

Raine said...

Hey Dawn I don't know if you remember me? Anyways I think we met 1 or 2 times. I'm Wyatt's cousin Raine. You guys have a cute family. Tell Wyatt hello for me and you guys can check out my blog. It is tuckfieldtimes.blogspot.com

The Lovells said...

I am with Wyatt, sounds pretty gay were the same words I used when Celeste told me about the books.

Gerilyn said...

I got sucked into the twilight zone too! I was trying to tell Kyle about them and realized how ridiculous I sounded! Oh well...they are so good. I miss you guys!

Snowflake Lobos 2001 said...

Hey! Check out this new blog! Leave some comments or suggestions and get re-connected with friends!

The Coor's said...

Hey Dawn, I just wanted to tell you that Wyatt gave an awesome talk with his dad at our church. I wanted to come over and talk but my baby was starving(or so she thought). Anyways, he gave a good talk!!!

Trev "N" Dez said...

I'm so excited to see your blog! Can't believe I just found out about it. Feels good to see you all again. Even if it's just pictures! Ya so the Twilight books my sisters tried for a year to get me to read them. Sound stupid to me. After I got home from the hospital with Kinzie some friends left all 4 books for me to read. Well I was in the hospital for a week following this and I read all these books in 4 days!! Crazy hu! So addictive!