Thursday, May 15, 2008

What a week

Well Laini is finally here. She is a week old today! What a sweet little miracle she is too. Laini was born on the 8th at 1:30 pm. I went in at 4:00 in the morning to be induced. The labor went pretty good too. Although I didn't expect to have such severe after pains like I did. She weighed in at 8 lbs. 6 oz. 19 inches long. Only 3 oz. difference in Jessi and her. I really didn't think that I was baby hungry till she came. She is such a good baby too. I kinda forget that she is even around. I have to wake her to make her eat and change her diaper. She seems to just be content wherever she is and sleep both day and night. Jessi is such a big help, I am so glad that she likes helping mom with baby sister. I think the biggest adjustment is that she gets nervous when Daddy is giving a little more attention to baby Laini than her. So I don't have very many good pictures, I have to get on the ball. Here is what I have for all of you who are dying to see some pictures. She looks a little like Jessi, but she doesn't have as chubby cheeks. She does have dark hair, although I am sure she will lose it just like her sister did.

14 comments:

the cates said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you! I can only imagine how fun it is to have #2. I can't wait to compare my 2 boys and see the differences and stuff....I hope you are feeling good and congrats!

Amber said...

Dawn, she is so beautyful! my baby is only 5 mos and i am so baby hungry looking at yours! i'm glad everything went well. congrats!

Brooks and Andrea said...

Congrats!! She does look like Jessi. You have two cute girls. Wyatt looks like a proud daddy.

CASSIE said...

HOW ADORABLE IS SHE?? YOU DID GOOD! KEEP THE PICS COMING!! SO PRECIOUS!

Devin and Melinda said...

She doesn't even look like a newborn. Congratulations! I am glad she is here safe and sound!

We had our family pictures taken at Portrait Innovations. They are by far my favorite place to get pictures done!

Gerilyn said...

She is beautiful you guys! Congrats! Maybe one of these days we will get down there to see you! I'm so glad everything went well, and she's healthy. Oh, and those horrible after birth pains...yeah well they get worse with each baby! What we go through to get these precious babies here! Oh well it's worth it.

Cara said...

Congrats Dawn! She is one adorable little one. And it sounds like she is a pretty darn good baby too. I can only hope for that when our second one comes. :) And keep posting the fun pics.

Whiting Family said...

Yeah baby #2 for the Hancocks!!! I am so excited about Laini....we have just the guy to set her up with....Trip!!! Cutest little girls ever!!! I can't wait to hold her....and kiss those chubby cheekers of hers!!! We love you and your fam so much!!! Congrats...she really is a doll!

KARI said...

She is so cute!! I love her name too. Congrats:)

Brittney said...

Oh my goodness CONGRATULATIONS!!! How has it been having 2? Its an adjustment but it gets better and easier. It sounds like you guys are doing awesome and I love her name! Congrats again and have so much fun!!!

Hallie said...

Congratulations you guys!! She is so adorable, I love the pics! Can't wait til we get to see the little cutie pie!! Love ya!

Bekah: said...

oh dawn! congrats! she is such a doll. i am so glad she is here and you are doing well! take care and keep the pictures coming. love you!

BeckyinQC said...

She is such a cutie and I am especially fond of her name! We were in Vegas this last weekend and the thought crossed my mind of how fun it would be to come and hold her - more fun than these silly celebrities that's for sure! Can you tell I'm baby hungry? Congratulations on another sweet little girl. You'll have a ball with the two of them!

Teresa :) said...

Woo hoo. Congrats on the new baby. I am way behind on that one but she is really cute. Hope all is going well, going from 1 to 2 kids is harder but also so fun!