Friday, February 22, 2008

FOR THE LOVE..... of the IFL

So Wyatt came home and told me about a contest he wanted me to enter. He said, "You can totally win, you just have to sing the national anthem and submit it to the radio station." Wanting me to desperately fulfill all my dreams about becoming a singer one day, he told me to check into it. Well the radio station has a national anthem contest and the winner gets to sing at the IFL at the New Orleans next Friday night. So I told him it would never happen and he immediately informed me that he was going to help me get everything together. So he called a guy in our ward who has an awesome recording room in his house and made an appointment for me to record. Then Wyatt took some glamour shots. (Neck up of course, I am not sure the whole 6 months prego would help my chances.) Then he got on the phone and tried to put in a plug at the radio station, he has a friend and I am not sure he has any connections anyway. BUT if I needed an agent I sure know who would be a GREAT one. So I know he really wants some tickets to the fight and I was willing to offer my talents to get him there. We work together well as a team. For all the times I have cussed the dang fights he watches, it would be fun to get to go and be a part of one of the shows here in Vegas. Pretty much I am not getting my hopes up one bit, but it was fun to just get hyped about it all for a moment. He really helps me become a better stronger person everyday (even if he doesn't get tickets to a fight from it) and I am thankful for him reminding me that it is still okay to hold on to a dream. I love how spontaneous and spunky my husband is; he makes me laugh everyday. I love you Wyatt, and miss you every moment you are not here with me!

Glamour Shot
I hope that whole pregnancy glow thing was working that day. I know, I know...America's Next top Model here we come. Okay, so my face is a little fat, but can you tell my belly is huge from this picture? I am just glad that we did not submit a belly shot.

10 comments:

Brittney said...

Dusty hasnt applied yet anywhere because he hasnt taken the DAT yet. He will take that in June and then we start applying everywhere. So we wont even be moving till next yr. sometime. But what are you guys there for? When are you guys moving and where?

Bekah: said...

dawn that is awesome. i think its so cute that wyatt encourages you so much! you deserve it for supporting him in all his dreams!!! you look gorgeous AS always! i miss you!!!

Bekah: said...

ps i like your hair :)

CASSIE said...

SOO CUTE! I ACTUALLY HAD A DREAM LAST NIGHT THAT WE (THE PGC) HAD A BAND AND WERE PERFORMING DOING CONCERTS...VERY WISHFUL DREAMING ON MY PART...NOT YOURS..THATS AWESOME...YOUR TOO CUTE!

Brooks and Andrea said...

You look good. Wyatt is so funny. I can totally see him doing that. You guys are great. We miss you.

Matt and Kaaryn said...

What a sweet hubby. You look great and good luck

Rick*Amber*Taryn*Bryant said...

You look so great for being 6 months pregnant! I know you are going to sound awesome! I wish we could got to the fight with you guys! How fun would that be! We miss you guys a ton! Let us know what happens!

Bekah: said...

ok cassie, im wondering what part i took in the band? LOL. cause we all know i have no misical talent....

Traci said...

That is so awesome. When will you find out if you won? You have to give it up for Wyatt for helping you fulfill something you love. What an awesome husband. I love the picture of you. You look so pretty and I love the preg. glow. Good luck, you will have to let us all know how it goes.

Brannon and Leslie said...

How cute is that? I hope you win. How fun would that be to go to Vegas even if you had to watch the fighting. You look beautiful by the way.